Once you have decided to have Bonnie help you sell your house, but before we put it on the market, you will need to go through your house to check for any possible repairs. Depending on the condition of your home, you may only have a couple of necessary repairs or a long, expansive list.
Repairs should be completed to appeal to potential buyers, who expect to tour a clean, damage-free house. These are different from work orders, which would have to be completed before a sale can be finalized to meet safety regulations and contract conditions.
Here is a list of potential repairs you may need to consider if you want to increase your chances of appealing to the most buyers.
Front Yard or Backyard
Exterior of House
- Repaint your door or get a new one if necessary
- Fix your doorbell if it isn’t working
- Clean or repair gutters
- Clean dirty windows
- Replace cracked windowpanes
- Replace missing shingles from roof
Interior of House (All Rooms)
- Replace any outdated light fixtures
- Replace burnt out lightbulbs
- Repair cracks and holes in walls/ceilings
- Repair any leaks and damaged they caused
- Make sure all windows and blinds operate freely
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned
- Clean sinks, countertops, appliances
- Make sure all appliances are working well
- Replace outdated faucets, fixtures, cabinets
- Repair any leaky faucets
- Replace missing or broken tiles
- Consider replacing fixtures or toilet
Contact Bonnie Spindler if you need more advice on home repairs! With over 20 years of experience remodeling, restoring, and flipping homes for sale, Bonnie is a great resource!